Pillars of our Philosophy for the Prudent Investor:
- Nobel Prize Winning Research - Used to manage portfolios and allows us to have continued access to this academic research.
- Access to Institutional No-Load Passive Asset Class Funds
- Complete Diversification - Mutual funds that do not include style drift, making construction of a fully diversified portfolio based upon the asset classes much more efficient. (This is very important because 94% of investment results come from asset class selection and not market timing or security selection.)
- Periodic Rebalancing - Takes advantage of market fluctuations.
- Tax Management - By managing portfolios and tax-managed funds will be used when appropriate.
- Tax Efficient Focus – With valuable tax and estate-planning ideas.
- Minimal Fees and Never Locked In - No front-end loads or commissions; no A shares; no back-end loads or surrender fees and no 12b1 “marketing fees”.
- Fee-only Investment Management - Investment industry recognizes as less conflict of interest. There is no incentive to buy and sell to gain a commission.
- Regular Communication and State-of-the-Art reporting
- Trusted-advisor Relationship – Most importantly we are dedicated to your financial future. (Based on the Dalbar Study, disciplined investing can help you get approximately three times more than the average equity investor has made over the last twenty years.)
We utilize mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors in our client's portfolios. Dimensional is a different kind of mutual fund firm.
They believe in the power of capital markets - not speculation, and this allows them the freedom to think differently and innovatively. They have taken a scientific approach to analyzing the financial markets which has allowed them to create real world investment solutions. These solutions allow investors to capture what the markets offer dimensionally.
Our investment philosophy is supported by the Prudent Investor Act and other legislation passed by 44 states.
For a more detailed description of our unique investment philosophy, please click Waypoint’s Investment Philosophy or Click here for the academic support for our investment philosophy page